What We Believe
North Harford Baptist Church ascribes to the doctrinal beliefs outlined in The Baptist Faith & Message.
What we emphasize as baptists:
- The Bible is our only authority.
- Every person on earth has sinned and needs to be saved from the penalty of sin.
- Salvation is the free gift of God and is received when a person prays to God, repenting of sin, and trusts in Jesus' full payment for sin on the cross.
- Every church member must be a "born again" Christian.
- Jesus Christ is Lord, and must be recognized as such by every Christian in all aspects of life.
- Every Christian can pray and confess sin directly to God, and ought to do so.
- Every Christian can read and learn from God's word, the Bible, and is encouraged to do so every day.
- Baptism is by immersion and is commanded by Jesus after we have received Him as our personal Savior and Lord.
- The Lord's Supper (communion) does not save us, but helps us to remember what Jesus did to save us from the penalty of our sins.