FOCUS FOR THE YEAR: PRAYER
Our focus this year is prayer for the community. "And all things you ask in prayer, believing, you will receive" (Matthew 21:22). We'll pray for Spiritual revival, awakening, and peace in our community, and for our community leaders.
BIBLE DISCUSSIONS: BOOK OF ACTS
Acts 1:8 outlines the rest of the book: "But you will receive power when the Holy Spirit has come upon you, and you will be my witnesses in Jerusalem and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the end of the earth." Acts is about the church's witness for Christ, the spread of that witness on earth, and the Spirit-empowered nature of that witness.
March 19th. Acts 7:54 - 8:3
- What did the crowd think of Stephen and his faith?
- What is Stephen's mindset? What was Stephen's fate?
- What resulted from this event?
April 16th. Acts 10:34-43
- What does Peter say about God's character? How should that shape our attitude toward others?
- He summarizes the gospel as the "good news of peace through Jesus Christ." Just what is this "peace?" (See verse 43!) How should this shape our prayers for others?
- Beginning in verse 38, he summarizes the different aspects of Jesus' ministry, the ministry by which he saves sinners. What are they?
- How was his message received? How will our message be received?
- In v. 28-31, Acts ends by summarizing Paul's message. What is his message and what does this mean for us?