What We Believe
· The Bible is our only authority.
· Every person on earth needs to be saved from the penalty of sin.
· Salvation is the gift of God and is received when a person prays to God repenting of sin and trusting in Jesus' suffering for sin on the cross.
· Every church member must be a born-again Christian.
· Jesus Christ is Lord and must be recognized as such by every Christian in all aspects of life.
· Every Christian can pray and confess sin directly to God and ought to do so.
· Every Christian can read and learn from God's Word, the Bible, and is encouraged to do so.
· Baptism is by immersion and is commanded by Jesus after we have received Him as personal Lord and Savior.
· The Lord's Supper (Communion) does not save us but helps us remember what Jesus did to save us.
(We are a cooperating church of the Southern Baptist Convention.)