In all we do, our heart is to stay centered on Christ and standing on truth, the Word of God. We focus on Jesus because the Bible does; He is Savior and Lord. Our whole life and existence is about loving and serving Him to the glory of God. As it should be, it's all about Jesus Christ.
"So, whether you eat or drink, or whatever you do, do all to the glory of God."
1 Corinthians 10:31
Three endeavors sum up a Christ-centered purpose. We aim to know Him, make Him known, and lead others to know Him.
- To know Christ means to have a relationship with Jesus Christ through faith. It means to live life devoted to loving, obeying, and serving Him by God's grace and power.
- To make Christ known means to preach who Jesus is and what He did to save sinners and reconcile them to God.
- To lead others to know Christ means to teach how to receive and live for Jesus according to the Bible rather than man-made traditions.
"Go therefore and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit,  teaching them to observe all that I have commanded you. And behold, I am with you always, to the end of the age."
Ministries for All
We have many ministries designed to strengthen and serve you.
- Including women's ministries, community events, home groups, choir, missions and benevolence efforts, and more.
- For the latest news:
- We cooperate with the Southern Baptist Convention to help bring the message of Jesus around the world.
- The SBC is not a top-down hierarchy, but a bottom-up representation and cooperative effort.
- We partner locally with the Susquehanna Baptist Association and the Baptist Convention of Maryland/Delaware.
We aim to center all things on Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior, the only way to forgiveness, to God, and to the gift of eternal life. See "Christ-centered Purpose" above.
"For I delivered to you as of first importance what I also received: that Christ died for our sins in accordance with the Scriptures."
1 Corinthians 15:3
We aim to base all ministries and teaching on the Bible as God's Word, our only standard for ultimate and absolute truth.
"All Scripture is breathed out by God and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, and for training in righteousness."
2 Timothy 3:16
We aim, by the power of the Holy Spirit, to love God, each other, and others genuinely and graciously.
"And he said to him, "You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.  This is the great and first commandment.  And a second is like it: You shall love your neighbor as yourself."
We aim to devote ourselves to the worship, fellowship, and mission of the Lord's church, which is God's way of organizing, spreading, and ministering to His people.
"To him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, forever and ever. Amen."
Most importantly, God
God Himself and His glory and grace are the all-important all-consuming aim. Apart from truly knowing and loving Him, everything else is empty religion. He is Father, Son, and Holy Spirit, and His purpose to save sinners through Jesus is the main story line of everything.
"For from him and through him and to him are all things. To him be glory forever. Amen."